Doctor of Economics, Professor at the Department of Economics and Business Finance,
Kyiv National University of Trade and Economics,
19, Kyoto st., Kyiv, 02156, Ukraine
AN ECONOMIST IN TRADE SPHERE: COMPETENCIES AND CAREERBackground. Since the beginning of building a Ukrainian market economy the profession of an economist has become very popular and the role of economic education in connection with business development is growing nowadays. The trade sphere is not an exception and is in dire need of highly qualified personnel.
Analysis of the recent researches and publications. Some aspects of specialists training in economic sphere are covered in the papers of national and foreign scholars. The study of issues related to the peculiarities of professional activity of specialists in the field of trade is mostly concentrated on highly specialized professions in trade sphere. Therefore, it can be stated that there is no systematic scientific research and publications on practical issues concerning training of economists for the trade sphere.
The aim of the article is to analyze the demand of specialists with economic profile for the employers of the trade industry and to determine their professional tasks, responsebilities and opportunities for a career construction.
Materials and methods. The informational background of the study was the official data of the state institutions and publications in the personnel web portals. A number of general and special scientific methods of economic research have been used, including methods of generalization, comparative analysis, systematization, etc.
Results. The modern sphere of trade faces the issue of lack of professionals and specialists with experience, including economists. Educational institutions have responded to the needs of trade sector and started developing and improving training programs for future specialists in this field. In the course of mastering all the disciplines envisaged in the curriculum, the future specialist in trade economics is gradually acquiring the following competences: information, methodological, functional, social and personal.
Conclusion. Thus, the profession of an economist is quite demanded in the labor market in all sectors of the national economy, including the sphere of trade. Although a large number of specialists in this profile are graduated from educational institutions, many business entities still need qualified economists.
Keywords: economist, trade, vacancies and salaries in the positions of economist, competencies, professional tasks and duties of economist of the trade enterprise, career of economist.
- Ben’kovs’ka, N. B. (2016). Porivnjal’nyj analiz svitovogo ta vitchyznjanogo dosvidu shhodo pidgotovky ekonomistiv u vyshhyh nachal’nyh zakladah [Comparative analysis of world and national experience in training economists in higher educational institutions]. Visnyk Dnipropetrovs’kogo universytetu imeni Al’freda Nobelja – BulletinoftheDnipropetrovskAlfredNobelUniversity, 2 (12),146-151 [in Ukrainian].
- Rudnic’ka, K. V. (2017). Osoblyvosti profesijnoi’ pidgotovky majbutnih fahivciv ekonomichnogo profilju u vyshhyh navchal’nyh zakladah [Features of professional training of future specialists of economic profile in higher educational establishments]. Naukovyj visnyk Uzhgorods’kogo universytetu – Scientific Bulletin of Uzhhorod University. (Vol. 2 (41), 222-225. Serija: "Pedagogika. Social’na robota" [in Ukrainian].
- Shevchuk, O. (2013). Osnovni pidhody do pidgotovky majbutnih fahivciv finansovo-ekonomichnogo naprjamu v Ukrai’ni [Basic approaches to the training of future specialists of financial and economic direction in Ukraine]. Naukovyj visnyk Melitopol’s’kogo derzhavnogo pedagogichnogo universytetu – Scientific Bulletin of Melitopol State Pedagogical University, 2(11), 200-207 [in Ukrainian].
- Zaglyns’ka, L. V., & Lukoms’ka, O. I. (2014). Ekonomichna osvita v konteksti investycijnyh procesiv u galuzi [Economic education in the context of investment processes in the industry]. Zbirnyk naukovyh prac’. Naukovi zapysky Rivnens’kogo derzhavnogo gumanitarnogo universytetu – Collection of scientific works. Scientific notes of Rivne State University of Humanities. (Vol. 9 (52), 73-75 [in Ukrainian].
- Zadorozhna, N. (2013). Formuvannja komunikatyvnoi’ kompetentnosti u profesijnij pidgotovci ekonomistiv [Formation of communicative competence in professional training of economists]. Neperervna profesijna osvita: teorija i praktyka – Continuous professional education: theory and practice. (Vol. 3-4), 75-78. Retrieved from http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/NPO_2013_3-4_13 [in Ukrainian].
- Jaroshhuk, I. D. (2015). Sutnist’ komunikatyvnoi’ kul’tury ekonomista [The essence of thecommunicative culture of the economist]. Naukovi zapysky – Scientific notes, 1, 75-81. Serija: pedagogika [in Ukrainian].
- Kozhushko, S. (2015). Profesijna dijal’nist’ fahivciv u galuzi komercii’ ta osoblyvosti i’h vzajemodii’ (pedagogichnyj aspekt) [Professional activity of specialists in the field of commerce and peculiarities of their interaction (pedagogical aspect)]. Molod’ i rynok –Youth and the market, 3, 32-37. Retrieved from http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/Mir_2015_3_7 [in Ukrainian].
- Tvoje majbutnje u sferi torgivli (Karta profesij) [Your Future in Trade (Occupation Map)]. careerhub.in.ua. Retrieved from https://careerhub.in.ua/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Tvoie-maybutnie-u-sferi-torgivli.pdf [in Ukrainian].
- Kadrovyj portal nazvav TOP-20 krashhyh robotodavciv Ukrai’ny 2018 roku [The Personnel Portal named the Top 20 Best Employers of Ukraine in 2018].www.ukrinform.ua. Retrieved from https://www.ukrinform.ua/rubric-economy/2626216-kadrovij-portal-nazvav-top20-krasih-robotodavciv-ukraini-2018-roku.html [in Ukrainian].
- Oficijnyj sajt Derzhavnoi’ sluzhby statystyky Ukrai’ny [Official site of the State StatisticsService of Ukraine]. www.ukrstat.gov.ua. Retrieved from https://www.ukrstat.gov.ua [in Ukrainian].
- Oficijnyj sajt Derzhavnoi’ sluzhby zajnjatosti Ukrai’ny [Official site of the State EmploymentService of Ukraine]. www.dcz.gov.ua. Retrieved from https://www.dcz.gov.ua [in Ukrainian].
- Professional’naja klassifikacija jekonomistov [Professional classification of economists].hrliga.com. Retrieved from https://hrliga.com/index.php?module=profession&op=view&id=906 [in Russian].