FREE FULL TEXT (PDF)
Postgraduate Student at the Department of Marketing,
Kyiv National University of Trade and Economics
19, Kyotostr., Kyiv, 02156, Ukraine
CINEMA CHAINS: MARKETING COMMUNICATION TOOLSBackground. The development of the market for movie demonstrators, as evidenced by the increase in the box office over the last three years in Ukraine, as well as the increase in the number of cinemas and halls, necessitates a scientific study of the specifics of the promotion of this field.
Analysis of recent research and publications has shown that the scientists have developed the basic concepts of the concept of promotion, the relationship with the enterprise communication policy, summarized the components of this process and its classification, considered practical examples of promotion in various fields –from tourism to public administration. The business sphere determines the specifics of the concept of promotion, and the high rate of technological aspect development makes the process of research of this category continuous, manifesting itself every year in different ways. Therefore, this topic needs to be developed in the context of exploring contemporary cinema chains.
The aim of the article is to analyze the system of cinema promotion to understand the general trends of the market of cinema demonstrators’ networks, to identify inefficient and outdated instruments, to find new promotion opportunities to determine the overall marketing strategy of the cinema network.
Materials and methods. The methods of scientific analysis and synthesis, theoretical generalization and comparison were used in the research process.
Results. A comparative analysis of the concept of "promotion" is carried out; its interpretation is considered by various domestic and foreign scientists. The statistical indicators for the definition of the cinema network market in Ukraine are presented. On the basis of analytical material the definition of the concept of "promotion of the cinema network" was developed. Promotion methods, using by cinema networks and its classification are discussed. The main trends in communications have been identified and assumptions have been made about the future prospects for the promotion of cinema networks.
Conclusion. Having considered the praxiological methods of promotion of cinema, it is determined that they contain a combination of classical instruments of communication policy, and also support modern general trends to large-scale representation in the Internet. Previous studies of scientists, the scientific interests of which included promoting to other industries, and communications areas of business of cinema chains have not been considered in full, while in Ukraine over the past 10 years, the cinemas have undergone many changes and are now rebuilding their popularity and the attention of consumers in the general field of entertainment. This determines the prospects of further study of the cinemas promotion, their theoretical description and search of the best channels of communication and promotion policy in general, which will be the foundation for developing a successful marketing strategy for the cinema chain.
Keywords: promotion, cinema communication strategy, social media communications, cinema network, cinema chains market.
- Kotler, F. (2015). Osnovy marketinga. Kratkij kurs (Fundamentals of Marketing. Short course). Мoscow: Vil’jams [in Russian].
- Sydorenko, B. (2018). Pidsumky kinoprokatu za 2017 rik [Movierentalresultsfor2017]. VGLCinema, 17, 50. Retrieved fromhttp://web.archive.org/web/20180512053720/http://vglcinema.com/innovaeditor/assets/nomera-pdf/VGL17.pdf [in Ukrainian].
- Kinoportal[Movie Portal]. Retrieved fromKino-teatr.ua [in Ukrainian].
- Osnovni pokaznyky kinoteatral’nogo rynku 2015–2017 rr. [The main indicators of the cinema market 2015-2017]. Official Distributor Website Ukrainian film distribution. Retrieved from https://perma.cc/6LTA-DDJ9 [in Ukrainian].
- Media Detector Portal. Retrieved from https://detector.media/rinok/article/143329/2018-12-14-v-ukraini-v-2019-2020-rokakh-vidkriyut-ponad-70-novikh-kinozaliv-mrm [in Ukrainian].
- Aaker, D. (2016). Aaker pro brending. 20 principov dostizhenija uspeha [Aakeraboutbranding. 20 principles of success]. Мoscow: Jeskimo [in Russian].
- Assjel’, G. (2001). Marketing: principy i strategija [Marketing: principles and strategy]. Мoscow: Infra-M [in Russian].
- Balabanova, L. V., & Zaremba, V. P. (2015). Organizacija marketyngovogo upravlinnja dijal’nistju pidpryjemstv: koncepcija, metodologija doslidzhennja, strategii’ optymizacii’ [Organization of marketing management of enterprise activity: concept, research methodology, optimization strategies]. Harkiv: MTNT [in Ukrainian].
- Bojko, I. I. (2008). Klasychnyj marketyng ta marketyngovi ekspertni ocinky [Classic marketing and marketing expert assessment]. Kyi’v: Kondor [in Ukrainian].
- Dojl’, P. (2010). Marketyngove upravlinnja i strategii’ [Marketingmanagementandstrategies]. (Trans). Kyi’v [in Ukrainian].
- Mel’nychenko, S. V., & Magalec’kyj, A. V. (2012). Marketyngova polityka v gotel’nomu biznesi [Marketing policy in the hotel business]. Kyi’v: Kyi’v. nac. torg.-ekon. un-t [in Ukrainian].
- Mazaraki, A. A., Romat, Je. V., Aldan’kova, G. V. et. al. (2013). Social’no-etychnyj marketyng [Social and ethical marketing]. Kyi’v: Kyi’v. nac. torg.-ekon. un-t [in Ukrainian].
- Starostina, A. O., Chervan’ov, D. M., & Zozul’ov, O. V. (2002). Marketyng [Marketing]. Kyi’v: Znannja-pres [in Ukrainian].
- Rajs, Je., & Traut, Dzh. (2017). 22 neprelozhnyh zakona marketinga [22 immutablelawsofmarketing]. (Trans). Мoscow [in Russian].
- Matjuhin, V. O. Osoblyvosti marketyngovoi’ strategii’ rozvytku vyshhogo navchal’nogo zakladu [The features of marketing strategy of development of higher educational institution]. ena.lp.edu.ua. Retrieved from http://ena.lp.edu.ua/bitstream/ntb/34231/1/ 42_269-273.pdf [inUkrainian].
- Tjuha, I. V. Marketyngovi komunikacii’ ta prosuvannja produkcii’ vitchyznjanyh hlibopekars’kyh pidpryjemstv na zovnishni rynky [Marketing communications and promotion of products of domestic bakery enterprises to for eignmarkets]. www.economy.nayka.com.ua. Retrieved from http://www.economy.nayka.com.ua/ ?op=1&z=1273 [in Ukrainian].
- Bogac’kyj, S. Osoblyvosti pobudovy marketyngovyh kanaliv prosuvannja optovyh partij produkcii’ pidpryjemstva. [Features of construction of marketing channels for promotion of wholesale lots of production of the enterprise]. irbis-nbuv.gov.ua. Retrieved from http://irbis-nbuv.gov.ua [in Ukrainian].
- Dihtl’, E., & Hershgen, H. (2012). Praktichnyj marketing [Practical marketing]. Мoscow: Vysshaja shkola [in Russian].