PhD in Philosophy, Associated Professor
at the Department of Philosophy and Social Sciences
Kyiv National University of Trade and Economics,
19, Kyoto str., Kyiv, 02156, Ukraine
CREATIVE WORK AND CREATIVITY AS A WAY OF HUMAN EXISTENCEBackground. The correlation between creativity and creative work in the context of socio-economic processes of the present day is considered. Creative work and creativity are studied as two ways of representing the essential forces of man. It is proved that creative work is a universal form of human entry into the world of culture. Instead, creativity is a way of self-realization of a modern individual in the context of the transformation of the economic system at the end of the 20th - the beginning of the 21st century. Some mythological biases concerning creative work are considered.
The aim of the articleis tomake a semantic distinction between creative work and creativity as two ways of representing a human being.
Materials and methods. To study the phenomena of creativity and creative work, a wide range of general scientific and special methods of the humanities was used.
The results of the research. For elementary survival, a person needs another person. The greater is the need for creative activity.Creative work is not locked inside a separate "I", which always implies appeal to another. In this sense, creative work is the ability to become different. That is why the creative work implies openness to the world – there is nothing fundamentally alien to it. Creative work is intersubjective; it is an interpersonal affair, that is, co-creation.
Conclusion. The appearance of a person in the world cannot be beyond creative work, however, the existing socio-economic conditions of existence impose additional layers on it, as a result of which creative work appears today in the form of creativity. Both of these are ways of representing the essential powers of man and attitude towards the world. However, creativity appears to be an inverse form of creative work, distorted by the relation of man to the world, other people and to himself. In creative work there is a transformation not only of the outside world, but also of the subject of creative activity. Therefore, the existing "ego" of a person stands out in that he should give his way to the meaning of the world. Instead, creativity directs the individual’s activity from the immutable "ego" into the outside world. Transformation is subject to the latter only. Therefore, creativity can be carried out outside the development of a holistic human person.
Keywords: creative work, creativity, economy, tradition, mythsofcreative work, humandevelopment.
- Shumpeter, J.A. (2008). Teorija jekonomicheskogo razvitija. Kapitalizm, socializm i demokratija [The theory of economic development. Capitalism, Socialism and Democracy]. (V. S. Avtonomova, M. S. Ljubskogo, A. Ju. Chepurenkonko, Trans). Мoscow: Jeksmo [in Russian].
- Florida, R. (2007). Kreativnyj klass. Ljudi, kotorye menjajut [Creative class. People who change]. (A. Konstantinov, Trans). Мoscow: Klassika-ХХІ[in Russian].
Howkins, J. (2013). The Creative Economy: How People Make Money from Ideas.
2-ed. London: Penguin [in English].
- Nordstrem, K., & Ridderstrale, J. (2013). Biznes v stile fank: Kapitalizm pljashet pod dudku talanta [Business in funk style: Capitalism dances for a talent tune]. (P. Pavlovskij, Trans). (3nd ed.). Мoscow: Mann, Ivanov i Ferber [in Russian].
- Bodrijar, Zh. (2006). Obshhestvo potreblenija. Ego mify i struktury [Consuming Society.His myths and structures].(Trans). Мoscow: Respublika; Kul’turnaja revoljucija [in Russian].
- Liotar, Zh.-F. (1998). Sostojanie postmoderna [The state of postmodern]. (N. A. Shmatko, Trans).Мoscow: In-t jeksperimental’noj sociologii, SPb.: Aletejja [in Russian].
- Ljesh, S., & Urri, Dzh. (2008). Hozjajstva znakov i prostranstva (vvedenie) [Holdings of signs and spaces (introduction)]. Jekonomicheskaja sociologija – Economic Sociology,4. Retrieved from https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/hozyaystva-znakov-i-prostranstva- vvedenie [in Russian].
- Voznjak, V. S.,& Sen’o, T. Ju. (2015). Tvorchestvo kak sposob realizacii sobornosti chelovecheskogo bytija [Creativity as a way to realize the unity of human existence]. Naukovij vіsnik Chernіvec’kogo unіversitetu: Fіlosofіja – Scientific herald of ChernivtsiUniversity: Philosophy, 756-757,88-92 [in Russian].
- Voznjak, V.S. (2017). Tvorchestvo i krasota. Nacional’naja stihija tvorchestva: vremja I transgressija [Creativity and beauty. National element of creativity: time and transgression]. G. E. Aljaeva, O. D. Masloboevoj (Eds.), sbornik statej – collection of articles, (pp. 36-45). SPb.: Izd-vo SPbGJeU [in Russian].
- Rebrij, O. V. (2012). Suchasni koncepcii’ tvorchosti u perekladi [Contemporary concepts of creativity in translation]. Harkiv: HNU imeni V. N. Karazina [in Ukrainian].
- Tkachenko, L. I. (2014). Kreatyvnist’ i tvorchist’: suchasnyj kontent [Creativity: modern content]. Osvita ta rozvytok obdarovanoi’ osobystosti – Education and development of gifted personality, 9-10, 32-35. Retrieved from http://nbuv.gov.ua/ UJRN/Otros_2014_9-10_7 [in Ukrainian].
- Fedulova, L.I. (2017). Teoretychni konstrukcii’ kreatyvnoi’ ekonomiky [Theoretical constructs of the creative economy]. Ekonomichna teorija ta pravo – Economic theory and law, 4 (31),48-63 [in Ukrainian].
- Drajden, G., & Vos, Dzh. (2005). Revoljucija v navchanni [Revolution in learning]. (M. Olijnyk, Trans). L’viv: Litopys [in Ukrainian].
- Dligach, A. Iskusstvennyj intellekt uspeshno upravljaet kazhdym iz nas [Artificial intelligence successfully manages each of us]. Ekonomichni novyny – Economic news. (n.d.). enovosty.com. Retrieved from http://enovosty.com/blogs/full/810-iskusstvennyj-intellekt-uspeshno-upravlyaet-kazhdym-iz-nas [in Russian].
- Bodrijjar, Zh. (2007). K kritike politicheskoj jekonomii znaka [To criticism of the political economy of the sign]. (D. Kralechkin, Trans). Мoscow: Akademicheskij Proekt. (Filosofskie tehnologii) [in Russian].
- Bahtin, M. (1979). Jestetika slovesnogo tvorchestva [Aesthetics of verbal creativity]. Мoscow: Hudozhestvennaja literatura [in Russian].
- Mihajlov, F.T. (2001). Fantazija – glavnaja sila dushi cheloveka [Fantasy is the main force of the human soul]. Мoscow: Indrik [in Russian].