STRATEGIC PRIORITIES FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF SMALL ENTREPRENEURSHIP IN UKRAINE
FREE FULL TEXT (PDF)
Candidate of Economic Sciences, Associate Professor, Doctoral Candidate of the Department of Management of the Kiev National University of Trade and Economics
STRATEGIC PRIORITIES FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF SMALL ENTREPRENEURSHIP IN UKRAINEBackground. Small entrepreneurship is an important socio-economic factor of the country’s development, provides for the creation of new jobs, contributes to overcoming unemployment, increasing the gross domestic product, and also stimulates the competitiveness and innovation potential of the economy.
Analysis of recent research and publications. Ukrainian and foreign scholars-economists studied the problem of strategic development of small business, but using foreign experience is only possible if it is adapted to Ukrainian realities.
The aim of the article is substantiation of strategic priorities of development of national small business taking into account current trends in the context of world and European integration.
Materials and methods. During the research, the following general scientific and special methods of knowledge were used: grouping, comparison, analysis and synthesis, graphical method and generalization method.
Results. In the article the main tendencies of development of the national small business are investigated, namely: it was found out that small entrepreneurship at the present stage is represented mainly by the Micro entities; during the last years there have been no significant positive changes in the growth of the number of small business entities; the share of small business entities in the structure of business entities has remained almost unchanged in the last eight years and ranges from 94.3% to 95.5%; the number of employed workers in small businesses tends to decrease; the largest volumes of sold products (goods and services) by small business entities were recorded in the wholesale and retail trade; The share of GDP created by small business entities is at 7.7 %, unlike the developed countries of the world, where it corresponds to the figure of 20 – 90 %. One of the requirements for an effective national strategy for the development of small businesses is the need to implement the norms of the current legislation. Therefore, taking into account the state and trends of development of the national small business, the definition of its strategic priorities is a prerequisite for the formation of an effective development strategy.
Conclusion. Strategic priorities for the development of small business in Ukraine are formulated in the context of modern world and euro integration processes: creation of a competitive business environment in Ukraine, in particular, in certain regions; effective scientifically substantiated review of the current regulatory norms of Ukrainian legislation; simplification of access of small business entities to credit resources and lease of state property; increase of innovative potential of small business; development of cooperation between small, medium and large enterprises; improvement of information provision; ensuring protection of the rights of small business entities in relations with controlling bodies, improving the licensing and licensing system; reduction of tax pressure on small businesses, including assistance in reducing the volume of informal employment through the improvement of tax legislation; promoting the development of priority sectors of small business; development of social entrepreneurship; ecologization; facilitating access of national small business entities to European markets, joining them to the European Enterprise Network; stimulating the participation of small business entities in national and European small business support and development programs.
Keywords: strategic priorities, development strategy, small business, small business entities, micro-entities.
- Sait vsesvitnioho ekonomichnoho forumu [Website of the World Economic Forum]. (n.d.).www.weforum.org. Retrieved from: https://www.weforum.org [in English].
- Sait "The Global Innovation Index 2018 report" [Website “The Global Innovation Index 2018 report”]. (n.d.). www.globalinnovationindex.org. Retrieved from https://www.globalinnovationindex.org [in English].
- Rozporyadzhennya Kabynetu Ministriv Ukrainy vid 16 hrudnya 2015 roku № 1406 “Pro zatverdzhennya plany dii shchodo implementacii krashchyh praktyk yakisnoho ta efektyvnoho rehylyuvannya, vidobrazhenyh Hrupoyu Svitovoho banku u metodolohii reytinhu “Vedennya bisnesu” [The Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated December 16, 2015, № 1406 "On Approval of the Plan of Action for the Implementation of Best Practices for Qualitative and Effective Regulation as reflected by the World Bank Group in the Doing Business Rating Methodology]. (n.d.). zakon.rada.gov.ua. Retrieved from http://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/1406-2015 [in Ukrainian].
- Britchenko, I., Polishchuk, Ye.,Varnaliy, Z. et al.(2018). Development of small and medium enterprises: the EU and East-partnership countries experience. Wyd-wo Państwowej Wyższej Szkoły Zawodowej im. prof. Stanisława Tarnowskiegow Tarnobrzegu [in English].
- Britchenko, I.H., Smerichevskii, S.F., Akhunzianov, O.V., & Banasko, T.M. (2017). Zakonomirnosti I perspektivy rozvytku maloho pidpryemnytstva v strukturi nacionalnoi innovaciinoi systemy Ukrainy [Regularities and prospects of small business development in the structure of the national innovation system of Ukraine]. Kherson: Helvetika [in Ukrainian].
- Piatnytska,G.T.& Naydyuk, V. S. (2018). Multyvariatyvnist stratehii innovatsiynoho rozvytku [Multivariability of innovation development strategies]. Zovnishnya torhivlya: ekonomika, finansy, pravo – Foreign Trade: Economics, Finance, Law, 1(96), 22-36. Retrieved from http://zt.knteu.kiev.ua/files/2018/01(96)/04.pdf [in Ukrainian].
- Paderin, I. D. (2016). Stratehichne upravlinnia pidpryemstvamy maloho ta serednyoho bisnesu promyslovoho rehionu [Strategic management of small and medium enterprises of the industrial region]. I. D.Paderin (Ed.). Dnipro : TOV Akcent PP [in Ukrainian].
- Sarana, L.A.Rehionalni problemy rozvitku maloho ta serednyoho biznesu v Ukraini [Strategic estimations and vectors of ukraine’s social and economic development in the conditions of European integration and the world partnership: monograph] edited by V. Yatsenko – Agenda Publishing House, 251 Coventry, United Kingdom, 2017 [in English].
- Slatvinska, M.O. (2012). Alternatyvni systemy opodatkuvannia maloho biznesu: stan, problemy, perspektyvy [Alternative small business taxation systems: status, problems, prospects]. Odesa: ONEU [in Ukrainian].
- Hospodarskyi kodeks Ukrainy [Commercial Code Ukraine]. (n.d.). zakon.rada.gov.ua. Retrieved from http://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/436-15 [in Ukrainian].
- ZakonUkrainy "Pro vnesennia zmin do zakonu Ukrainy "Pro bukhalterskii oblik ta finansovu zvitnist v Ukraini" vid 05.10.2017 № 2164-VIII [Law of Ukraine "On Amendments to the Law of Ukraine" On Accountingand Financial Reportingin Ukraine" from 05.10.2017, № 2164-VIII]. (n.d.). zakon.rada.gov.ua. Retrieved from http://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2164-19.
- Sait Derzhavnoi sluzhby statystyky Ukrainy [The site of the State Statistics Service of Ukraine]. (n.d.) www.ukrstat.gov.ua. Retrieved from http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua [in Ukrainian].
- InformasiinadovidkaEvropeiskohoinformaciino-doslidnitskohotsentru[Information note of the European Information and Research Center]. (n.d.). radaprogram.org. Retrieved from http://radaprogram.org/sites/default/files/infocenter/piblications/pidtrymka_msp.pdf [in English].
- Rozporyadzhennya Kabynetu Ministriv Ukrainy vid 24 travnya 2017 roku № 504-r. "Pro shvalennya Stratehii rozvitku maloho i serednyoho pidpryemnytstva v Ukraini na period do 2020 roku"[On approval of the Development Strategy of Small and Medium Business in Ukraine in 2020]. (n.d.). www.kmu.gov.ua. Retrieved from https://www.kmu.gov.ua/ua/npas/250167535 [in Ukrainian].
- Rozporyadzhennya Kabynetu Ministriv Ukrainy vid 23 serpnya 2016 roku № 615 "Pro zatverdzhennya planu zahodiv shchodo derehulyacii hospodarskoi diyalnosti ta vyznannya takymy, shcho vtratyly chynnist deyakyh rozporyadzen Kabynetu Ministriv Ukrainy" ["On Approval of the Action Planon Deregulation of Economic Activitiesand Recognitionas Eliminated by Some Orders of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine"].(n.d.). zakon.rada.gov.ua. Retrieved from http://zakon.rada.gov.ua/ laws/show/615-2016 [in Ukrainian].
- ZakonUkrainy"Pro ratyfikatsiyu protokolu pro reestry vykydiv ta perenesennya zabrudnyuvachiv" № 980-VIII vid03.02.2016 [Law of Ukraine "On ratification of the Protocol on Pollutant Release and Transfer Registers"]. (n.d.) zakon.rada.gov.ua. Retrieved from http://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/980-19#n2 [in Ukrainian].