REENGINEERING OF SERVICE BUSINESS PROCESSES IN THE INTERNATIONAL TOUR OPERATOR ACTIVITIES
FREE FULL TEXT (PDF)
Doctor of Economic Sciences, Professor, Head of the Department of Tourism and Recreation of the Kiev National University of Trade and Economics
Doctor of Geographic Sciences, Associate Professor, Professor of the Department of Tourism and Recreation of the Kyiv National University of Trade and Economics
REENGINEERING OF SERVICE BUSINESS PROCESSES IN THE INTERNATIONAL TOUR OPERATOR ACTIVITIESBackground. Strengthening of competition processes on the market of tourist services under conditions of cyclical fluctuations and uncertainty on the planet requires the necessity of improvement of the decision-making system and transformation of the management structure of service processes of international tour operators. Such a concept of management system reforming is reengineering of service business processes. Application of business process reengineering as a management method is aimed at radically reforming the activity of the tourist enterprise in the international tourist services market.
Analysis of recent research and publications. Features of reengineering service business processes were investigated in the works of many authors. In particular, work on the reengineering of service business processes of the manufacturing enterprise and on the enterprises of tourism and hospitality deserves special attention.
The aim of the study is to determine peculiarities of organization and implementation of reengineering of service processes in international tour turning. The goal set determines the need to solve such problems: to define the essence of reengineering as a leading mechanism for increasing the competitiveness of the enterprise; outline the features of reengineering of service business processes in the international tour-run; to systematize basic principles and approaches to reengineering of service processes; to study main stages of realization of reengineering of service processes in the international tour turning.
Results of investigation. The essence of reengineering as the leading mechanism for increasing the competitiveness of the enterprise is revealed. The features of reengineering of service business processes in the international tour-operating are outlined. The groups of enterprises - subjects of the international tour- operating, which require the reengineering of service processes, are outlined, and the main directions of restructuring of the latter are outlined. It is determined that it is expedient to implement reengineering, which is based on the "clean sheet" methodology, which will contribute to a radical change in the business processes of the enterprise and the emergence of a new ideology of tourism activity based on creative and intellectual and creative functioning of the system. The basic principles and approaches to the reengineering of service processes are presented. The basic stages of realization of reengineering of service processes in the international tour-turning are determined. It is substantiated that the implementation of management of service processes in international tour turning is considered by us through the mechanism of application of specific methods and techniques for ensuring the effective implementation of a set of operations for obtaining a high level of economic benefits.
Conclusion. The conducted research made it possible to determine the advantages of the concept of reengineering business processes in comparison with other methods of improving international tour operations. The separation of the principles and stages of implementation of the reengineering of service processes initiates the need for a detailed study of the tools of this method. The most effective is the introduction of a "clean sheet" reengineering, which will contribute to a radical change in business processes of the enterprise and the emergence of a new ideology of tourism activity, based on creative and intellectual and creative functioning of the system. Implementation of management of service processes in the international tour turning is considered by us through the mechanism of application of specific methods and techniques to ensure the effective implementation of a set of operations to obtain a high level of economic benefits. The successful selection and application of such techniques, methods and measures is the basis for further research in this direction.
Keywords: reengineering, service processes, international tour-operating, competitiveness, improvement of activity.
- Baumgarten, L. V. (2017). Upravlenie kachestvom v turizme [QualityManagementinTourism]. М. : Издательский центр "Академия" [in Russian].
- Mel’nychenko, S. V., Shejenkova, K. A. (2015). Upravlinnja biznes-procesamy v turyzmi [Management of business processes in tourism]. Kyi’v : Kyi’v. nac. torg.-ekon. un-t [in Ukrainian].
- Vynogradova, O. V. (2012). Reinzhyniryng biznes-procesiv u suchasnomu menedzhmenti [Reengineering of business processes in modern management]. Donec’k : DonDUET [in Ukrainian].
- Tkachenko, T. I., Mel’nychenko, S. V., Bojko, M. G. et al. (2014). Strategichnyj rozvytok turystychnogo biznesu [Strategicdevelopmentoftouristbusiness]; A. A. Mazaraki (Eds.), (p. 596). K. : Kyi’v. nac. torg.-ekon. un-t [in Ukrainian].
- Gvozd’, M. Ja., & Parij, I. V. (2015). Reinzhyniryng biznes-procesiv jak zasib pidvyshhennja efektyvnosti funkcionuvannja vyrobnychyh pidpryjemstv [Reengineering of business processes as the mean of effectiveness in creasing of enterprises]; zb. nauk. pr. Visn. nac. un-tu "L’vivs’ka politehnika". Problemy ekonomiky ta upravlinnja – Problems of Economy and Management. (Vol. 668), (pp. 253-257).L’viv [in Ukrainian].
- Denysenko, M. V. Vdoskonalennja ponjatijnogo aparatu reinzhyniryngu biznes-procesiv jak pidhodu do restrukturyzacii’ pidpryjemstva [Improvement of notions of reengineering of business processes as an approach to restructuring of enterprise]. Retrieved from http://www.nbuv.gov.ua/portal/soc_gum/en_em/2015_7_1/35.pdf [in Ukrainian].
- Klishejko, A. V. (2014). Restrukturyzacija promyslovogo pidpryjemstva na osnovi reinzhyniryngovyh ta organizacijno-upravlins’kyh zahodiv [Restructuring of enterprise based on reengineering and organizational-managerial measures]. Candidate’s thesis. Odes. derzh. ekon. un-t [in Ukrainian].
- Mazaraki, A. A., Moshek, G. Je., Gomba, L. A. et al. (2014). Menedzhment: teorija i praktyka [Management: theory and practice]; G. Je. Moshek (Eds.), (p. 584). Kyi’v : Ataka [in Ukrainian].
- Agafonova, L. G. (2012). Turyzm, gotel’nyj i restorannyj biznes: cinoutvorennja, konkurencija, derzhavne reguljuvannja [Tourism, hotel and restaurant business: pricing, competition, stateregulation]. Kyi’v : Znannja Ukrai’ny [in Ukrainian].
- Harrington, Dzh., Jesseling, K. S., Nimvegen, H. V. (2012). Optimizacija biznes-processov. Dokumentirovanie, analiz, upravlenie, optimizacija [Optimization of business processes. Documentation, analysis, management, optimization]. SPb. : Azbuka [in Russian].
- Hulej, G., Sonders, Dzh., Pirsi, N. (2015). Marketyngova strategija i konkurentne pozycionuvannja [Marketing Strategy and concrete positioning].Dnipropetrovs’k : Balans Biznes Buks [in Ukrainian].
- Hammer, M., Champi, Dzh. (1997). Reinzhiniring korporacii: manifest revoljucii v biznese [Reengineering of corporation: manifest of revolution in business].(Trans). SPb. : Izd-vo SPbU [in Russian].
- Sheer, A. V. (1999). Biznes-processy. Osnovnye ponjatija. Teorija. metody [Business processes. Main notions. Theory and methods].(Trans). M. : Vest’-Meta-tehnologija [in Russian].
- Oficijnyj sajt turoperatora TPG [Homepage of tour operator TPG]. www.tpg.ua. Retrieved fromhttps://www.tpg.ua. [in Ukrainian].